Prepare to be amazed! By adding almonds to your diet you’re really onto a winner! The health benefits of almonds include regulating blood sugar levels, reducing blood pressure and lowering cholesterol levels. They can also reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
Almonds boast an impressive bunch of nutrients. A small handful (28g) contains:
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated).
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 32% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus.
Getting plenty of vitamin E from foods is linked to numerous health benefits as it protects your cells from damage – and almond is pretty much the king of vitamin E!
Almond is also a rich source of calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium. The magnesium in almonds may also help to lower blood pressure levels – it’s been shown that a deficiency in magnesium can lead to high blood pressure, which is one of the leading causes of heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.